Apramycin sulfate – 500 mg
1 g of the drug contains:
apramycin sulfate – 500 mg
Method of application and dosage
The drug is administered orally with drinking water, calves and lambs are given with milk or its substitute 1 time per day, the course – 5-7 days, in the following doses:
• calves under 6 weeks of age – 40-80 mg per 1 kg of body weight;
• piglets up to 120 days of age – 15-25 mg per 1 kg of body weight or 250-500 mg per 1 liter of water;
• lambs under 6 weeks of age – 20 mg per 1 kg of body weight;
• rabbits – 20-30 mg per 1 kg of body weight or 100-200 mg per 1 liter of water;
• repair young laying hens, broiler chickens – 50-100 mg per 1 kg of body weight or 0.5-1 g per 1 liter of water.
Before use in the calculated daily dose of the drug add 5-10 parts of liquid (water, milk or its substitute), allow the solution to stand for 3-5 minutes, mix and bring the volume to the desired final concentration.
When used with water, the dose is recommended to be mixed with a third or half of the daily norm of drinking water. The solution cannot be prepared in rusty metal containers, as iron ions reduce the activity of the antibiotic.
After the last application of the drug, the slaughter of calves for meat is allowed after 7 days. Meat obtained before this date is disposed of or fed to non-productive animals, depending on the conclusion of the veterinarian. Meat of piglets, lambs, rabbits, chickens can be used without restrictions.
Light yellow or light brown powder.
An aminoglycoside antibiotic that acts against gram-negative and some gram-positive bacteria by inhibiting the protein synthesis of microorganisms by irreversibly binding to the 30S subunit of ribosomes.
Not active against anaerobic microorganisms.
Treatment of animals with diseases caused by gram-negative and some gram-positive microorganisms – Escherichia coli, Salmonella spp., Pseudomonas spp., Streptococcus spp., Staphylococcus spp., Proteus spp., Bordetella bronchiseptica, Klebsiglapla spp. Brachyspira hyodysenteriae, some species of mycoplasmas Mycoplasma hyopneumoniae:
• calves under 6 weeks of age – gastroenteritis caused by Escherichia coli, Salmonella spp., Pseudomonas spp., Streptococcus spp., Staphylococcus spp., Proteus spp .;
• piglets up to 120 days old – gastroenteritis, dysentery, edema caused by Escherichia coli, Salmonella spp., Pseudomonas spp., Streptococcus spp., Staphylococcus spp., Proteus spp., Bordetella bronchiseptica, Campylobacepira spira.
• lambs under 6 weeks of age – gastroenteritis caused by Escherichia coli, Salmonella spp., Pseudomonas spp., Streptococcus spp., Staphylococcus spp., Proteus spp .;
• rabbits – mucoid enteropathy, colibacillosis;
• broiler chickens, laying hens – diseases caused by Escherichia coli, Klebsiella spp., Proteus spp., Pseudomonas spp., Staphylococcus spp., Salmonella spp.
Do not use in animals with hypersensitivity to apramycin or other aminoglycosides. Do not use concomitantly with β-lactam antibiotics due to decreased antibacterial activity and other aminoglycosides due to possible enhancement of nephrotoxic effects.
Do not use laying hens whose eggs are eaten by humans.
In a dry, dark place, out of reach of children at a temperature of +4 to +25 ° C.
Use an aqueous solution of the drug for 3 days, a solution based on milk or its substitute – on the day of preparation.