Dehinel Plus, 10 tablets (praziquantel, pyrantel embonate, febantel)
Oval, slightly biconvex, greenish-yellow tablets with beveled and scored on both sides.
1 tablet (760 mg) of the drug contains active ingredients:
- praziquantel – 50 mg,
- pyrantel embonate – 144 mg,
- febantel – 150 mg.
Excipients: lactose monohydrate, corn starch, povidone K30, sodium lauryl sulfate, microcrystalline cellulose, anhydrous colloidal silicon dioxide, magnesium stearate.
ATC vet QP52A, anti-trematode, anti-nematode and anti-cestode veterinary drugs.
Dehinel Plus tablets for dogs is a combined action anthelmintic drug containing praziquantel, pyrantela embonate and febantel.
Pirantela embonate and febantel are effective against nematodes (roundworms, hookworms, whipworms), including Toxocara canis, Toxascaris leonina, Uncinaria stenocephala, Ancylostoma caninum and Trichuris vulpis. Praziquantel is effective against the mature and larval stages of development of tapeworms, in particular Taenia spp., Dipylidium caninum, Echinococcus granulosus, Echinococcus multilocularis, Multiceps multiceps and Mesocestoides spp.
Pyrantel acts as a cholinergic antagonist, the mechanism of action of which is to stimulate the nicotinic cholinergic receptors of the parasite, which causes spastic paralysis and thus allows the parasite to be removed from the digestive tract by peristalsis.
Febantel derivatives – fenbendazole and oxfendazole – have an anthelmintic effect by inhibiting tubulin polymerization. Thus, the formation of microtubules is prevented, which leads to a violation of structures vital for the normal functioning of helminths. In particular, glucose uptake is impaired, leading to depletion of ATP in cells. The parasite dies as a result of depletion of energy reserves, which occurs after 2-3 days.
Praziquantel is rapidly absorbed and spread throughout the body of the parasite. Both in vitro and in vivo studies have shown that praziquantel causes severe damage to the parasite’s membrane, leading to spasm and paralysis. An almost instantaneous tonic spasm of the muscles of the parasite and rapid vacuolization of the syncytial membrane sets in. This rapid cramp is caused by changes in bivalent cationic fluxes, in particular calcium.
Application of the drug:
Deworming dogs, including puppies, in case of nematodes and cestodes:
- roundworms – Toxocara canis, Toxascaris leonina (mature and larval forms);
- hookworms – Uncinaria stenocephala, Ancylostoma caninum (sexually mature forms);
- whipworm – Trichuris vulpis (sexually mature forms);
- цестодами – Echinococcus granulosus, E. multilocularis, Dipylidium caninum, Taenia hydatigenia, T. pisiformis, T. multiceps, Mesocestoides lineatus.
Orally, once, with feed or forcibly.
The dose of the active ingredients of the drug is: 15 mg of febantel, 14.4 mg of pyrantel, 5 mg of praziquantel per kg of body weight.
Dose of the drug: 1 tablet Dehinel Plus per 10 kg of animal body weight.
Deworming of females according to roundworms is carried out according to the following scheme: the drug is given to females 2 weeks after giving birth and every two weeks until the end of the period of feeding the puppies.
In case of severe damage to animals by nematodes, it is recommended to use the drug twice with an interval of 14 days.
It is recommended to deworm animals every 3 months.
Contraindications and warnings:
- Do not use on sick or weakened animals.
- Do not use in pregnant females in the first two-thirds of the gestation period. If it is necessary to carry out deworming of pregnant females, it is necessary to consult a veterinary doctor.
- Do not use concomitantly with piperazine preparations.
- Do not use part of an unused tablet.
- The personnel working with the drug must adhere to the basic rules of hygiene and safety adopted when working with veterinary drugs.
Store in a dry, dark place out of reach of children at temperatures from +5 to +25 ° C.
Unused and expired drug, empty drug containers should be disposed of in accordance with national requirements.
Expiration date: 2 years.