Surolan 15 ml is a complex drug for the treatment of otitis media and skin lesions in dogs and cats of bacterial, fungal and parasitic etiology.
It is a transparent syrupy suspension with a weak specific odor.
- miconazole nitrate 23 mg,
- polymyxin B sulfate 0.5293 mg,
- prednisolone acetate 5 mg.
- colloidal silicon dioxide, liquid paraffin.
- Miconazole nitrate is a synthetic imidazole derivative with a pronounced antifungal activity and a strong action against gram-positive bacteria.
- Polymyxin B sulfate is a polypeptide antibiotic with a bactericidal effect against gram-negative bacteria.
- Prednisolone acetate is a glucocorticoid with strong anti-inflammatory and antipruritic effects.
- Surolan, in recommended doses, does not have a skin irritant and resorptive toxic effect.
Indications for use
Surolan is used to treat otitis externa in dogs and cats and dermatitis caused by: yeast and fungi (Microsporumspp., Trichophyton spp., Candida spp., Malassezia pachydermatis); gram-positive bacteria (Staphylococcus spp., Streptococcus spp.); gram-negative bacteria (Pseudomonas spp., Escherichia coli); ear mites (Otodectes cynotis).
Surolan also has anti-inflammatory and antipruritic effects.
Used to treat inflammation of the paranasal glands.
Method of administration and dosage
Ears: 3-5 drops of the drug in each ear twice a day.
Skin: on damaged areas twice a day.
In the case of fungal or bacterial otitis media, treatment should be continuous and continue for several days after the disappearance of clinical symptoms.
In some chronic cases, treatment may take 2 to 3 weeks; if longer treatment is required, a veterinarian should be contacted to assess the condition of the animal.
When treating otodectosis, drip five drops daily for 14 days.
In case of infestation with ear mites, it is necessary to treat both ears, even if the infestation occurs in only one.
Do not use in cases of perforation of the tympanic membrane and with increased individual sensitivity to the components of the drug.