Oxytetracycline – 200 mg (analog Liquamycin) – INVESA
1 ml of the drug contains:
oxytetracycline dihydrate – 200 mg
Light yellow liquid, homogeneous, transparent.
Oxytetracycline is an antibiotic of the tetracyclines group that inhibits protein synthesis by binding to the 30S ribosomal subunit of microorganisms sensitive to the drug, which prevents ribosomes from connecting with aminoacyl transport RNA. It is believed that oxytetracycline binds back to the 50S ribosomal subunits and changes the permeability of the cytoplasmic membrane of microorganisms that are sensitive to it.
After administration of the drug, the maximum concentration of oxytetracycline dihydrate in the blood plasma is reached after 2-3 hours and lasts for 72-96 hours.
Oxytetracycline binds to plasma proteins by more than 80%, is distributed throughout the body, getting into the heart, kidneys, lungs, muscles, pleural fluid, bronchial secretions, sputum, bile, salivary, synovial and ascitic fluid, intercellular space and vitreous, in a small amount – into saliva, eye fluid, and milk. The drug penetrates the placental barrier, poorly penetrates into the cerebrospinal fluid, but with meningitis, its content in the cerebrospinal fluid can reach a therapeutic level. The elimination period for cattle is 4.3-9.7 hours, for pigs – 6.7 hours, for sheep – 3.6 hours. It is excreted from the body mainly unchanged with urine through the kidneys and with bile through the gastrointestinal tract.
Method of administration and dosage
The drug is injected deeply intramuscularly, once.
The dose of the drug for cattle, pigs, sheep, goats is 1 ml per 10 kg of body weight (20 mg of oxytetracycline per 1 kg of body weight).
Doses of the drug for newborn piglets per animal are:
• in the 1st week of life – 0.3 ml;
• in the 2nd week of life – 0.4 ml;
• in the 3rd week of life – 0.5 ml;
• over 3 weeks – 0.1 ml per 1 kg of body weight.
For rabbits and turkeys, the dose is 0.25 ml per 1 kg of body weight.
Injections, the volume of which is greater than the values indicated below, are divided into several parts and injected into different places:
• adult cattle – 20 ml;
• pigs – 10 ml;
• calves, sheep, goats – 5 ml.
If signs of allergy appear in sick animals, it is necessary to immediately enter a solution of epinephrine, caffeine, antihistamines or corticosteroids.
After the last use of the drug, the slaughter of animals and poultry for meat is allowed after 21 days, people can eat milk after 7 days. Meat and milk obtained earlier than the specified period are disposed of or fed to unproductive animals, depending on the conclusion of the veterinarian.
Treatment of animals for diseases caused by gram-positive microorganisms Staphylococcus spp., Streptococcus spp., Erysipelothrix spp., Clostridium spp. etc., gram-negative microorganisms Pasteurella spp., E. coli, Salmonella spp., Bordetella bronchiseptica, Haemophilus parasuis, Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae, etc., Protozoa protozoa, mycoplasma Mycoplasma spp., rickettsiae Rickettsia spp., Rickettsia spp., Rickettsia spp.
• cattle – actinomycosis, anaplasmosis, leptospirosis, chlamydia, bronchopneumonia, pneumonia, necrobacteriosis, purulent-necrotic lesions of the extremities, septic condition with inflammation of the joints, skin, udder, uterus, infectious keratoconjunctivitis (auxiliary therapy);
• Sheep, goats – pasteurellosis, infectious abortion, hoof rot, umbilical sepsis, diseases of the respiratory system, gastrointestinal tract, urinary tract;
• pigs – atrophic rhinitis, erysipelas, MMA syndrome, leptospirosis, mycoplasmosis, pasteurellosis, chlamydia, dysentery, diseases of the joints, respiratory tract, gastrointestinal tract, urinary tract;
• rabbits – infectious rhinitis, mycoplasmosis, diseases of the respiratory system, gastrointestinal tract, infections in wounds;
• turkeys – colibacillosis, pullorosis, respiratory mycoplasmosis, psittacosis, gastrointestinal diseases.
Do not administer to animals with hypersensitivity to oxytetracycline, impaired liver, and kidney function, during pregnancy.
Do not use on horses, dogs, and cats.
Do not use simultaneously with penicillins, cephalosporins, quinolones, sulfonamides, phenylbutazone.
Store in a dry, dark place, out of the reach of children, at temperatures from +5 to +25 ° С.
After opening the bottle, store the drug in the refrigerator and use it within 20 days.